Monday, February 20, 2012

Why did a guy tell me that the breeding pair of cockatiels werent pets?

he had them in his house and he said they arent pets. i dont understand why.Why did a guy tell me that the breeding pair of cockatiels werent pets?Maybe he meant they are not tame.



I have 6 cockatiels in my aviary and another two "pet" cockatiels who are tame and live in side.



My only guess is that they are not tame, so are classed as "wild"



????????Why did a guy tell me that the breeding pair of cockatiels werent pets?
maybe he sees them as bussines? that kinda sux for the birds though because they need love and attention!Why did a guy tell me that the breeding pair of cockatiels werent pets?Breeding birds often aren't friendly enough to be considered pets. If you try to touch them, they hiss and try to attack you...protecting the nest.



Of course there are many that can do both, but some argue that "pets" don't make good parents because their instincts aren't as strong.Why did a guy tell me that the breeding pair of cockatiels werent pets?
He's a breeder. They are not pets if you're a breeder. They're tools of his chosen trade; equipment.Why did a guy tell me that the breeding pair of cockatiels werent pets?what robbie saidWhy did a guy tell me that the breeding pair of cockatiels werent pets?
Breeding birds often would rather just be with each other and take care of their babies than be friends with humans. When I got my cockatiel, the guy who was selling them kept warning me that the bird wouldn't be a good pet because he (the bird) was being raised for breeding and wasn't used to being handled. Cockatiels, however, are generally pretty docile as far as parrots go, and it is certainly possible to have breeding ones who are tame. Even if the breeding birds are tame, though, breeders often use "pet" to refer to individuals who aren't going to be breeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment