Sunday, February 26, 2012

Is it true that the more you handle pets when they are babies the friendlier and more holdable they will be?

It's something I heard a while ago that the more you hold pets when they are babies growing up the friendlier and more they will like to be held as adults they will become. Is this true?Is it true that the more you handle pets when they are babies the friendlier and more holdable they will be?yes, you are essentially conditioning them to accept human touch as they would their own species were they in the wild. be careful though, too much handling can cause them to grow into whiny, spoiled adults, just like humans who are handled too much as babies.Is it true that the more you handle pets when they are babies the friendlier and more holdable they will be?
Yes, caus they're used to it by then.Is it true that the more you handle pets when they are babies the friendlier and more holdable they will be?lol... it's true. Just don't let them get used to it too much. They will become needy and you'll have immense problems - such as trying to leave them at home by themselves.Is it true that the more you handle pets when they are babies the friendlier and more holdable they will be?
While there is such a thing as touching an animal too often and causing it stress, yes, in general the more interaction we have with pets, and the more trust we instill in them, the friendlier and more holdable they become. We see that even with wild animals, lions even, who, when raised lovingly and attentively by two humans, are still extremely sociable with them as adult lions.



The key to keeping people and their pets together safely is to make sure that, when children are present, their interactions are supervised and to teach children how to handle and respect cats. Do not let your anyone mistreat the family pet. Live animals are not stuffed animals!Is it true that the more you handle pets when they are babies the friendlier and more holdable they will be?Yeah, sometimes, the more trainning and more socialation the better they are as adults, sometime though if you hold an 8week old puppy too much though, like for example a labrador puppy, they want to be carried all the time as adult %26amp; you don't want to be carrying an adult labrador around? and yeah when you consistently carry a puppy around, its hard for them when you suddenly leave.



They need to be treated as dog, but with respect, there not human babies, but puppies are babies and need to learn to respect humans.



Its more trainning and handling that makes them friendly rather than ignoring them or picking them up consistently!Is it true that the more you handle pets when they are babies the friendlier and more holdable they will be?
YESIs it true that the more you handle pets when they are babies the friendlier and more holdable they will be?
I think so!! All my pets are really affectionate, and none of them are biters. My dog is 8, and has never bitten anyone. One girl I was working with at the time got my dog's sister, and that dog turned out MEAN!! They ended up giving that dog away because they said it wasn't nice, but they just didn't spend enough time with it, I don't think. I also have a cat, and 2 gerbils, and they're great. Even the gerbils let me hold them and love on them, and never even a hint of trying to bite, or even to get away when I hold them. The cat is the clown, lol.....she 'talks' to me the most.



I used to work with horses, and some of them were young male horses in training (uncut, and with attitude!), and this one stud used to try and intimidate me whenever I cleaned his stall, but I wasn't having it, and I read through what he was trying to do, lol...so I just kept doing what I had to do, and telling him to knock it off when he tried to bully me, and giving him hugs (he was TALL!!), and then he started expecting the hugs when I came in the morning. What a great horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment