Sunday, February 26, 2012

How do I rent a house in Melbourne with pets?

I'm moving to Melbourne in a few months, and I have a dog. I've had a look on www.realestate.com.au and there hardly seems to be a rental property with pets allowed. What do people with pets in Melbourne do? Do you lie to the real estate about having a pet? How do real estates seem to react to pets? What's a good way to find private rental houses?How do I rent a house in Melbourne with pets?We have the same problem in the UK and especially in the south.



It is for this reason I'm afraid that rescue will not give to people who are renting, and many breeders will also not sell to those renting.



Unfortunately, and I really mean that, it is not easy to find a house because animals and especially dogs do make a mess of houses by chewing woodwork, scratching floors etc and people don't want it.



It is one of the main reasons for dogs coming into rescue in the first place.



All the best, I do hope you find somewhere, but I really don't think lying is the answer.How do I rent a house in Melbourne with pets?
Search websites such as rent.com for rental houses that allow pets, and also search realtors that are pet friendly. Any realtor will know whether a property allows pets, which is a head start. Often the best approach is to drive up and down streets in a neighborhood that you are interested in and take down the phone numbers of houses that have "for lease" signs.



Look for a house with a fenced or gated yard. Your dog will have a place to exercise which may lessen the chance of him doing damage inside.



Keep an eye on the dog when he's out in the yard and observe any areas where he starts to dig holes or dig up plants. Section off these areas with wire mesh held up by metal posts. It's simple and inexpensive, which is what you want for a rental. If possible, provide him with his own digging area and cover it with loose soil or sand.How do I rent a house in Melbourne with pets?Call the lanlord and ask them. Don't lie. Every landlord is different. Look for one that allows pets.How do I rent a house in Melbourne with pets?
You are going to have to check with the person you rent the house from. Some will allow dogs and some will not.How do I rent a house in Melbourne with pets?Ask the landlord if they rent to people with pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment